JLT Performance pre-filters are a great way to add style and protection to your JLT cold air Intake system.
Custom made for us by Outerwears.
Outerwears Pre-filters are Designed to enhance the efficiency of any performance or exposed Air Filter. The Pre-filter is constructed with a proprietary polyester mesh with uniform micron openings, treated with an hydrophobic water-repellent process.
The mesh is UV resistant, filters debris down to .005 inch, is shatter proof in freezing temperatures, and resistant to heat up to 450 degrees. The material is puncture resistant and has elasticity characteristics allowing the threads to return to the original position in the event the threads have been impacted or shifted.
The manufacturing process incorporates a welded seam for strength, or reinforced industrial grade thread to fill needle holes and to reduce potential failure points in the material. The top seam utilizes specialized thread and cording (on larger pieces w/tops) to reinforce durability of the top.
Pre-filters are Designed to deflect the damaging debris, which clogs Air Filters, compromising peak air-flow and horsepower. The Pre-filter also extends the time between servicing intervals reducing costs and increasing convenience for the consumer.
The Outerwears Pre-filter is an excellent solution to prevent water from entering into the engine due to puddles or heavy rainstorms. An Outerwears Pre-Filter is Designed to be Water Repellent and will reduce the risk of water entering through an air Intake system. Although our Pre-Filters are proven to be extremely effective in repelling water, please keep in mind they are not water proof. If submerged, your Intake can hold or pass water.
- Outerwears Pre-filters are an excellent solution to prevent water from entering into the engine
- Outerwears Pre-Filters are Designed to repel water aGainst heavy rainstorms and road puddles
How long will the water repellency last?
The water repellency longevity is dependant upon driving conditions and the number of times the filter is cleaned. Generally speaking, we recommend changing the Pre-Filter every 6-12 months. However, a quick test can determine if it is time to change your Pre-Filter.
Simply take an ordinary clean spray bottle filled with water and gently spray the Pre-Filter. If the water beads off the Pre-Filter, your water repellency is still working. If you see water enter through the Pre-Filter, it is time to purchase a new Pre-Filter.
Water repellency feature will last 6-12 months depending on driving conditions and number of cleanings
Can I retreat the Pre-filter with Water Repellent spray?
No. The Outerwears Pre-Filters water repellency feature is a complicated hydrophobic Water Repellent process. It is not sprayed on. This process is Designed to prevent water ingestion, and at the same time, continue to allow maximum airflow. If you were to spray on any aftermarket water repellency solution, you would reduce the airflow resulting in horsepower and fuel efficiency loss.
- Water repellency feature is a factory process and cannot be duplicated by spraying on an aftermarket water repellency solution
- Will the Outerwears Water Repellent Pre-Filter restrict airflow more than the non-Water Repellent Pre-Filters? Our Water Repellent Pre-Filters are manufactured using a hydrophobic Water Repellent process. This hydrophobic Water Repellent process is not sprayed on; as a result there is no air loss.
- Outerwears Water Repellent Pre-Filters will not have any negative airflow loss compared to a non-Water Repellent Pre-Filter.
This pre-filter specifically Fits the following JLT Air Filters:
- 4.5 x 9 Inch
- 4 x 9 Inch
- 3.5 x 8 Inch
- 5 x 8 Inch