Looseness or Steering Play in some vehicle steering systems can often be attributed to a component known as a bell crank or idler, which supports the steering linkage.
Original equipment designs utilize common sleeve bushings, which often wear out prematurely and cannot be adjusted for side play. In contrast, the SuperSteer bell cranks/idlers utilize tapered roller bearings, which are far better at carrying load. They can also be adjusted to achieve precise movement.
- Improved Returnability
- Rugged high-strength casting, steel spindle and tapered roller bearings
- Also reduces steering road wander and rut tracking
- Helps to eliminate Steering Play- extends tire life
- Bolt-in replacement for the original component
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Reduces road wander, rut tracking and driver fatigue
- Provides tighter control of steering, especially on narrow roads
- Increases overall safety
- Replaces and, as a result, outlasts the OEM bell crank many times over
- High-quality tapered roller bearings that remain tight with no side-to-side or vertical movement
- Design provides for end and side adjustment
- Hi-Tensile strength casting
- Greased-packed and sealed roller bearings and spindle