The XDP Cummins 6.7L Coolant Bypass Kit XD380 will help keep the engine cool in your 2007.5-2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins. On modified engines, coolant temperature and pressure increases often result in a lack of coolant flow.
This lack of coolant flow starves the rear cylinders and creates a pressure build-up that blows out freeze plugs on the block, and even the smaller plugs under the valve cover. The XD380 is engineered with a secondary thermostat that is actuated by temperature, not pressure like other kits on the market.
This Coolant Bypass System is built with a Stant SuperStat Thermostat. The SuperStat features a unique v-notch non-linear design to help reduce cycling by precisely metering the amount of coolant needed to maintain proper temperatures.
As a result, you get more efficient temperature control leading to better engine efficiency and longer engine life. With the the thermostat opening due to temperature, this helps to alleviate excessive pressure before it starts by keeping coolant temperatures consistent across all cylinders.
- Complete Installation Kit
- Includes Stant Secondary Thermostat
- Ensures Even Coolant Temperatures Across All Cylinders
- Made In The USA!
- Some models came factory equipped with a transmission fluid heat exchanger.
- If your vehicle has this heat exchanger, you can go to your local Chrysler Dealership and purchase a heater tube (PN:68048997AA) to help complete the installation.