- Direct fit for the 2013–2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Installs in less than 1 hour
- Durable CNC-machined billet aluminum design
- Increased flow over stock bypass valve
- Included 160°F thermostat opens earlier than stock for improved cooling
- Includes fully serviceable thermostat for fast warm-up in cold climates and thermostat bypass for constant cooling in hot climates*
- Machined cooling fins for added heat dissipation
- Durable anodized finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The transmission is the backbone of your 2013–2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins. It’s responsible for transmitting up to 930 lb-ft of torque from the engine to the wheels. That much power generates a lot of heat and if that heat isn’t dissipated, it can destroy your transmission. The transmission cooler does a good job of keeping transmission fluid temperatures in check, but only if the fluid can reach it.
The stock cooling system of both the 68-RFE and Aisin AS69RC utilize an in-line thermal bypass valve that controls the flow of fluid to the transmission cooler. The purpose of this valve is to prevent transmission fluid from flowing to the cooler until it reaches operating temperature. The thermostat inside this valve is prone to failure, however, and when that happens, the fluid never flows to the cooler and the transmission can overheat. That’s why Mishimoto has developed an improved thermal bypass valve kit for your 2013–2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins.
Our CNC-machined aluminum thermal bypass valve not only looks better than the stock unit, but it performs better too. The Mishimoto thermal bypass valve utilizes a replaceable thermostat that is more durable than the stock thermostat and opens about 10°F earlier. This allows fluid to flow to the cooler sooner without overcooling. For owners in hot climates, the Mishimoto valve includes a bypass that allows full flow to the transmission cooler, regardless of temperature. The bypass can be easily swapped out with only a wrench for summer or winter driving. The Mishimoto thermal bypass valve flows better in both configurations than the stock valve for more effective cooling. Cooling fins machined into the valve body add even more heat dissipation.
This 2013–2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Thermal Bypass Valve Kit is built to last a lifetime with a durable black anodized finish and our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
(1) CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Thermal Bypass Valve
(1) Removable Thermostat
(1) Removable Thermostat Bypass w/ Installation Hardware
(2) 3/4" x 16 Quick-Disconnect Transmission Line Fittings
(1) Assembly Notecard
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
*Mishimoto does not recommend customers in cold climates install the thermostat bypass to avoid overcooling of the transmission fluid